IT Project Manager
Type: Full time employment
Location: Remote working with Site Visits
Reporting to: CEO’s Office
Ethical IT, a leading Managed IT Service Provider, champions technology-driven positive change with a focus on the social sector, earning accolades from top charities and environmental advocates. Our recent expansion into private and public sectors has fueled growth, prompting the creation of a dedicated IT Project Manager role. This pivotal position offers autonomy to design and refine project management processes alongside our new PSA platform.
We seek an experienced IT Project Manager with MSP or large organisation background, eager to shape and optimise our project management practices.
Join us in this exciting phase, where your contributions will leave a lasting impact, driving efficiency and excellence at Ethical IT.
- Lead and Coordinate Internal (Ethical IT) and External (Customer) Technology Projects: The IT Project Manager is responsible for leading the planning, execution, and delivery of technology projects within agreed timelines, budget, and quality standards. This involves coordinating project teams, resources, and stakeholders, managing project schedules, and ensuring that all project milestones are met.
- Manage Project Risks and Changes: The IT Project Manager identifies and mitigates potential project risks, while managing any alterations to project scope, schedule, or costs. Meticulously document and communicate changes to relevant stakeholders, ensuring minimal impact on project outcomes.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Technical Project Leadership: Lead all projects as the IT Project Manager, effectively utilising the technical team to allocate and execute various project workstreams and activities.
- Coordination and Oversight: Ensure seamless coordination of customer updates, workplan design, scheduling, time entry, and budget management in accordance with company processes.
- Initiation and Documentation: Oversee the initiation of all projects and project phases, maintaining meticulous documentation and tracking of project issues and risks within the company's project management system.
- Timely Delivery: Guarantee timely and budget-compliant project delivery, collaborating closely with the senior management team to promptly escalate any issues or requests.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with senior management and technical teams to deliver tailored solutions to clients, ensuring alignment with business goals and technology standards.
- Adhere to the company's Information Security Policy at all times and follow relevant processes and procedures outlined in the Information Security Management System.
- Remain vigilant and report any Information Security breaches promptly, playing a key role in reviewing, testing, and improving Information Security incident procedures.
- Stay updated on Information Security trends and encourage a culture of security awareness within the organisation.
- Act as an escalation point for the project team to resolve challenging issues and ensure timely escalation of relevant matters to third parties or the C-Suite.
- Maintain and update knowledge information regularly, proactively identify opportunities for efficiency savings, and provide on-site support in your capacity as a Project Manager, as required at client sites.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated expertise in managing projects within a Managed Service Provider (MSP) environment, with a strong understanding of the unique challenges and requirements associated with delivering IT services to clients.
- Proven track record of at least 2 years in a IT Project Manager role, showcasing successful delivery of complex IT projects on time and within budget.
- Experience in IT project leadership, including the ability to lead cross-functional teams, allocate resources effectively, and drive project outcomes to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Familiarity with industry-standard project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, or Waterfall, along with relevant certifications (e.g., PMP, PRINCE2) would be advantageous.
Qualifications and skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and get certified in relevant technologies through continued professional development.
- Certification in Project management is required within the first 12 months of this role if not already held.
- Extremely customer focused with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customer contacts at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is essential– as consultation with clients regarding system upgrade, design & Implementation will be required
- Proven ability to identify and resolve challenging problems in collaboration with others.
- Sound judgement with demonstrable understanding of when and how to escalate issues
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (+1 day per year of employment up to 30 days)
- Private medical insurance
- Life cover of up to 4x your salary
- Includes access to Confidential helplines; Financial, Mental and Physical well-being guidance
- Annual PluralSight Training platform licence
- Role-related certification expenses covered (training, exam vouchers)
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Statutory company pension scheme
- Travel to customer site paid (rare occurrences)
Page 1 of 1